About the Role
You will actively support the individual needs of frail, aged and people with disability who access our Community Care Services. You will help our clients remain living independently at home through the provision of domestic assistance (cleaning), personal care, community access and activities such as shopping, hair dressing, doctors’ appointments, post office and entertainment activities.
- Assess care plans, and ensure residents’ needs are met
- Ensure all services (including food, laundry, personal care, domestic and interest) are delivered in a timely and safe manner
- Ensure all personal care tasks (including toileting & showering) are delivered with dignity and respect
- Housekeeping duties such as dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, emptying bins fridges and freezers, as indicated in the clients care plan
- Washing clothing including hanging out to dry, folding and ironing of clothes
- Changing of bed linen as required
- Assisting with showering, bathing, medications, eating, toileting, grooming and any personal care needs as identified in their Care Plan
- Medication administration and manual handling experience (desirable)
Skills & Experience
- A current unrestricted drivers license
- A current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Working with Children and Criminal Record Check Clearance (required)
- Prior experience supporting working in the community with ageing clients is highly regarded
- The ability to develop positive relationships with the clients and to support their individual care plans as appropriate
- Good communication skills, including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including carers, families and advocates)
Benefits and perks
- On the job training and support, as well as access to learning and development opportunities.
- Opportunity to expand into a permanent position or a leadership position
- Make a genuine difference in people’s lives whilst earning a living and developing new skills.
- For the right experienced candidate, an immediate start is available